Greenhouse; A working project (Part 2)

After the fiasco of the wind blowing my poor greenhouse away in the spring, I wasn’t taking ANY chances!  This thing was going to stay weather it liked it or not!

After getting the frame up, I needed a way to make it STAY!   I decided on cinder blocks again, only this time, underground.

It was difficult to dig holes around tree roots, but I got two whole cinder blocks on the right side, and two broken-in-half cinder blocks on the left side.  I got lucky on the right side, there was no tree roots at all.  The left side proved harder as there were thick tree roots the size of my arm that I had to work around.


(Holes dug and cinder blocks in)the


Next came securing the greenhouse to the cinder blocks.  I used nylon rope to secure the cinder blocks before burying them under dirt.


(Looks secure to me!)




It’s looking great, now just to find a warm and dry day to put the cover over and move everything into it before winter!


See more everyday homesteading stuff like quotes, lifestyle, pictures, stories, etc, at my official Facebook page here.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s