Melting moments are a favorite of both my mom and I’s. They are the perfect size to just plop in your mouth while you’re walking around the house keeping busy (or just eating one after the other while watching a Christmas movie).
What you need:
1 Cup Flour,
1/2 Cup Cornstarch,
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar,
3/4 Cup Butter,
1. Mix dry ingredients:
2. Beat butter until fluffy. Should look like this:
3. Add dry ingredients to butter and mix. You will have to get your hands dirty with this one, mix with spoon or mixer until mostly mixed and then get your hands in there and shape into big ball.
4. Cover and put in fridge for 1 hour. (We didn’t have room in the fridge, so I ended up putting it outside on the front porch next to frosty.)
5. After 1 hour, shape into one inch balls with hands and flatten slightly with palms. You may have to work the dough a bit, the dough hardens while in the cold fridge Place on cookie tray and bake in oven at 325°F for 20 minutes. They don’t spread out, so don’t be afraid to put them close together.
6. When the edges around the bottom of the cookies are browned, they are done!
7. Now here is the hard part.. Put them somewhere to cool for a bit while you put more cookies in the oven. DON’T TOUCH! (Skip this step if you’re eating them right as they get out of the oven, but you better eat them quick! The powdered sugar melts on the hot ones!) I ended up putting them on plates and placed them out on the porch to cool faster.
(Left are the cooked cookies from the top, right is what they should look like on the bottom when done.)
8. When done, fill a bag with powdered sugar and take a few cookies at a time and toss them into the bag. Shake bag (be careful not to get powdered sugar everywhere) until cookies are coated. Take them out and add more to the bag. Repeat until all cookies are covered.
9. Enjoy with milk, water, hot cocoa, or coffee. Cookies are very dry and you will need something to drink with them.
Stay warm, sit back, and enjoy some cookies! 🍪
More Recipes like this:
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Chocolate No-Bake Cookie Recipe
Peanut butter no-bake cookies!
See more everyday homesteading stuff like quotes, lifestyle, pictures, stories, etc, at my official Facebook page here.
I will try this but I have such a hard time with powdered sugar. For some reason it tastes like chemical to me or like a cleaner.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yikes! Fingers crossed they turn out and taste good! If need be, eat them plain without the powdered sugar, maybe add some frosting to the top instead?