What I’m thankful for 2020

Okay, let me first say what is going through everyone’s mind right now.. It’s 2020, what on this green earth can we be thankful for in the midst of this pandemic?! Well, if you’re an optimist like me, EVERYTHING!

The last two years I’ve done a ‘what I’m thankful for’ post, but I’ll be honest and say that I totally forgot this year. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the fact that someone had viewed my post from last year and it ended up on my radar, I would have forgot entirely! So here it is, the impossible sounding list of what I’m thankful for this year, inspired by my mother who used to make me do this every year for school..

Photo by rawpixel.com on Pexels.com

1. My Family

Family is definitely first on my list this year. I couldn’t live without being surrounded by my family. ❤ These crazy people are the heart and sole of my life and I cherish them 80% of the time (when they’re not getting on my nerves the other 20%). My family has pulled me out of hard times, they have made me laugh, made me cry, and they have supported me and my ‘crazy homesteading dream’ for the past few years. I would be lost if it wasn’t for my family. So first and foremost, I am thankful for family.

2. My Friends

Family and friends are always at the top of my thankful list. Honestly, truly one friend in particular who has been with me all the way through college, who had risked seeing me from six feet apart for my birthday during quarantine, and who has went on countless adventures with me, is who I’m thankful for the most. I’m thankful for my friend Kenna. ❤ Of course, I am also thankful for all of my friends at college (old and new) as well! I am thankful for my friends in Math class that force me to study and who have made math class actually fun (an impossible thing really). I am thankful for what few friends I have in my other classes, who answer my questions when I am lost, and who offer me a smile even when I can’t see their face.. And most of all I am thankful for the close friendships that have helped me survive school, quarantine, and my job without having too many mental break downs.

3. My Job

Most people hate their jobs. It’s hard work, time consuming, and it takes them away from their families! But I love my job! Five days a week I’m down at my local ‘small town mall’ stocking shelves, talking to people, and getting to know my co-workers. I mean sure, some days are soured by someone doing something rude, but I can honestly say that I love my small town and all (okay, most..) of the people in it. My job allows me to go to work and leave my worries at home. For just a few short hours a day I get to smile, chat up super happy costumers, and help people find what they need. My job is not only a happy one, but it also allows me to save up for my future Market Farm someday (hopefully someday soon) while also getting some of the experience that I will need for my farm. So for my job, I am thankful. ❤

4. My Gardens

Although I feel as if I have not had much time to take care of my gardens this year due to college and work, I am so thankful for what actually grew in my gardens this year. ❤ I couldn’t help but share all of the amazing pictures from this years gardens. (After all, what kind of blog would this be without tons of pictures of flowers and veggies?! 😉 )

5. My Blog

And finally, where on earth would I be without my blog?! I am so thankful for the opportunity to write about my life and my transition into homesteading. not only that, but I am thankful for my readers, all the comments I get, and the knowledge that people share from all over the world. I didn’t realize when I started this blog just how wide spread it would be, I figured it would just be friends and family who read it. I suppose we all start out that way, don’t we..? Regardless though, I want to thank everyone who is reading this right now. YOU’RE what I’m thankful for, today and everyday.

Comment below! What are you thankful for this year? Have you ever done a ‘thankful for’ list? What has been the BEST part of your year? Let me know in the comments below and I look forward to reading what you’re all thankful for this year! Spread cheer, not fear!

Want to read last years thankful for lists? Click below!

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s